Thursday, February 16, 2006

Palm Springs Aerial Tram


Yesterday (Wednesday) Max & I and our friend Ron, who is visiting from Wenatchee, rode the tram to the top of the San Jacinto Mountains. This is an engineering marvel, raising us from the 2,000 foot level to over 8500 feet above sea level in just 15 minutes. The tram has a rotating floor, so you get an ongoing 360 degree view of the mountains and the valley.

We ate lunch at the "Elevations" restaurant, which is a little more spendy than the cafeteria but well worth the extra money. Not only was the food really good, but the view was great and we felt among the elite instead of cattle in a herd.

In all the years Max & I have been coming here (about 20), this is the first time we've ever done the tram. It was fun. Unfortunately, I forgot my digital so I took some photos from Ron's camera. He said he would e-mail them to me, but I probably won't have them for a few days.
I still haven't been able to upload the cactus pictures I promised from our time in Phoenix. I reduced their size, but either my dial-up access with the laptop or my blogging software doesn't seem to like them. I'll see if I can work with them on the home computer when we return from paradise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I have a fear of heights, but this sounds scarily facinating!

Cuz Peggi