Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Family Torch Is Passed!


Here is a picture of my cousin, Kevin Klock and his family... wife, Jennifer and the kids Justin and Kara. The handsome guy on the left, of course, is none other than my Max. This photo was taken last night about 6:30 as were all waiting patiently for our table at Babe's, a wonderful BBQ restaurant at "The River" in Palm Desert.
For those of you who don't know who Kevin is... it is Kevin's grandparents who raised my brother and me after the death of our parents. Kevin's Dad's Dad and my Dad were brothers. Also, I lived with Kevin's Mom & Dad (and Kevin and his two brothers and one sister) for about a year when I first moved to Wenatchee in 1971. Kevin was only about 3 years old at that time. Kevin would come into my room at night after his bath and put on the headphones to my stereo and dance around in his pajamas.
Kevin and his wife and kids now live in Camarillo, California, which is 2-10 hours from Palm Springs, depending on traffic! I think it took them about 4 or5 hours to get over here Friday night. Kevin, a chemical engineer, is the plant manager where Frappucino is bottled for Starbucks. Jennifer keeps busy as a taxi driver for the kids, getting them to their school and extra-cirricular activities.
The main event for the week-end: Kevin and I had our "family bragging rights" skins golf match yesterday (Saturday) at the newly renovated Indian Canyon Golf course. The torch has been passed back to me (where it belongs). The margin of victory was considerable, so I suspect Kevin will be practicing before the next match in 2007.
He caught me on a bad day two years ago when he beat me in the first semi-annual golf match. We intended it to be an annual event, but Max and I didn't get down here last year. Therefore, I had to put up with two years of taunting from Kevin, instead of one. Besided reveling in the glory, I intend to successfully defend my title next year.

We have invited other members of the family to participate but, it appears, they're all afraid of both of us because no-one else showed up.
Hope everyone is having a great winter!
Carol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun to read the exchange above between Kevin and you.....and to hear about your family.

Cuz Peggi