Thursday, September 22, 2005

Putting Tournament

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to play golf at the Desert Canyon Championship Putting Course, participating in the local Lion's Club golf Putting tournament to benefit the fight for sight. I was proud when my team won the women's team event AND shocked when I won the individual event... women's low gross and low gross of the field at (65). I had a lot of fun with some of my regular golfing buddies, Lisa Schmidt, Barb Keeler, and Donna Regan. Our other regular team member, Karen Madison, was one of the tournament organizers, so did not get to play.

Surprisingly this is a very challenging and fun course. It is a full eighteen holes and plays at a par 72. It takes about two hours. It's not dorky at all, but is funny at times. It does take some strategy... and quite a bit of luck too! This is a wonderful source of entertainment for a foursome, and does not require much putting experience to have a good time. It's a great way for two couples to spend a couple hours together... and guarantees a lot of laughs.

The prize for winning was a new "White Hot" putter. Since my putter was working good, I will save this one for when I need it in the future.

No comments: