Thursday, September 15, 2005

Max's B i r t h d a y



On September 11th, we had a belated birthday celebration for Max. We were in Canada for his actual birthday (August 24th), so we delayed the in-town festivities. To read about that trip click on the links below. There are three posts about that trip, entitled: "Travel News", "Waterton Village" and "Heading back to the US".

Anyway, for the Wenatchee celebration, we invited a bunch of our golfing friends over to our house to celebrate and Max loved all the attention. Since it was the 4th anniversary of the terrorist attacks, I ordered a patriotic cake. The picture at the upper right is of my friend, June, who helped me organize the party. She actually did all the work. June and Roger celebrated their 51st anniversary on Monday, September 12th! Congratulations. Max & I are just newleyweds at 22 years.

As I said, we were in Cardston, Alberta for Max's "real" birthday. Max's sister, Elinor, still lives in Cardston and his other sister, Connie (from Phoenix), was there with her husband, Bill... so we were going to have a nice little family gathering. What we didn't know was that his sisters had put an ad in the local paper inviting people over to an Open House to see Max. That was a nice surprise for Max because he got to see a lot of people he hadn't seen in a long time. He was very jazzed about that for several days, and still talks about it.

By the way... you can click on either photo above to enlarge them.

Cheers!
Carol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi to Max and Carol:
You are not the only one to have a b-day, Max, and not the only one to have a party. I had a b-day on 27 Sept. and no one came. I didn't invite anyone. But Jo took me to the Outback for dinner and bought me a new table saw. I've wanted one of those for fourty or more years. Now that I am so old I can't remember how to use the thing, I get one for the 78th b-day.
That was yesterday. Today I spent most of the morning putting the "thing" (Bosch, 10", 4 HP) together and learning again how to cut 45's and 60's and 90's. I'm soon going to be cutting all the timbers on the place into octagons, polygons and even histograms.
Keep up the blog. I'll visist from time to time.
Cousin Lowell