Tuesday, September 27, 2005

New Window Blinds




Here are some "before" and "after" pictures of our window blinds. As with everything in my life... there is a story. :-) I've been wanting to replace the original blinds since we moved because the white doesn't really go with the "kidskin" paint and other southwestern style decor. But, they were perfectly good blinds, so I couldn't justify replacing them.

Eventually, one of the strings broke, leaving me to ponder whether to have it restrung or consider getting the ones I really want. I didn't make any hasty, spoiled-brat, decisions until another blind developed a broken string. Ummm... at this point I'm thinking this is a sign that I should order the blinds.

I followed this divine prompt and ordered the "Everwood" blinds (by Hunter Douglas). Good thing I did, too... because, a couple days later, another string broke on the third blind. This meant we've had 3 (of 5) operationally challenged blinds for the last several weeks.

They actually have more of a shutter appearance, and we're both quite pleased with the new look!

FYI: If you click on the living room photo, you'll be able to see Max sitting there in his favorite chair.

No comments: