Monday, January 16, 2006

Time To Start Packing


Max & I plan to leave Friday, seeking warmer climates. It's been snowing here most of the day so it's only solidified our resolve. We have a condo reserved in Palm Springs for the month of February. I'll be doing laundry over the next couple of days and getting things packed up.

Our first major destination will be Sun City West where Max's sister, Connie, and her husband Bill live. We will take about four days getting there, with stops in Corbett to visit Clair & Beverly and then to Eugene to visit my dear Aunt Dottie and her daughter, cousin Shirley St. Clair.

The rest of our schedule will depend on the weather. There has been so much rain in the Northwest (and snow in the mountains) that we won't knowingly drive into a bad storm. Although our new car has all-wheel drive, we don't particularly want to give it a traction test in the Siskiyou Mountains.

I will be posting pictures and commentary regularly so stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get out while the gettin's good, huh? :-) Hey is Corbett just south of Portland by any chance? I'm wondering if Clair is not that far away from my area.

PP