Monday, October 24, 2005

Rainy Day

Monday was a cloudy & rainy day, but we did drive to Redditch, not far away, to check out some Caravans, which is the English term for travel trailers. Lana has a bug to buy a Caravan so they can motor around the country sightseeing. We've been pretty lucky with the weather, with much of the rains coming at night. It does rain a lot here and that is why the hillsides are so green.

After looking at a few caravans, we had our first lunch at a Pub. It was a nice Pub and the food was really good. I had a lentil and potato soup, which was pureed. I prefer junky (oops... I mean chunky) soups, but it was very good, especially the super fresh thick cut bread served with it! Max had some salmon/broccoli cakes, which were quite good too.

Tomorrow, or the next day, we're going to the Cadbury chocolate factory. Hope they give out free samples!

Today, I have a lunch appointment with a local real estate agent to pick his brain. I'll report in about what I learn.

Cheers!
Carol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The term caravan seems more appropriate than ours actually. The pub food sounds really good...I'm wondering what all is in those patties, I'd like to try making them.

Anonymous said...

Am enjoying reading all your blogs about your trip. Glad you are taking the time to do this for all of us -- or at least Peggi and I.
Thanks again,
Bunny