Saturday, October 08, 2005

Confusion


My Mother's side of the family has always confused me because my Mother's Father, Grandpa Frank St. Clair, was married 3 times and had children from each wife. The reasons for multiple marriages, in those days, were different from today. His first two wives died. These days, people just get divorced and have more than one family. Anyway, I digress.

My Mother's side of the family has always confused me... because of these three wives, and I fear I may be permanently "geneologically challenged". Even my cousins (from these other families) admit their confusion, though. My Mother was the only child from the second wife, so she was sandwiched in between the other two families.

My cousin Peggi, who lives in Portland, not Alaska, pointed out my confusion. Oddly, I actually knew it was my cousin Nancy (Peggi's cousin too) who lives in Alaska. I must have been sucking on a Slurpee at the time (causing brain freeze), because I said Peggi lived in Alaska. I'm working hard to sort all of this out. To confuse matters even more I have two Aunt Marions. Actually, I have one Aunt Marion and one Aunt Marian. Marian is the daughter of Frank and his third wife, Pansy (who could make wonderful applesauce). Marion is the wife of the first son from the third wife. Any of you St. Clair cousins out there? Do I have this straight? Help me, if you can!

Here's what I know, as family from Grandpa Frank...
He and first wife, Edith Eskridge Tarbell, had four children:
1) Leroy Francis, born 1907
2) Jessy, born 1909
3) Lewis, born 1910
4) Oba Leonard (Obie to us), born 1912

Frank and his second wife, Amy Nora Henderson, had one child:
1) Amy (this is my Mother), born 1916

Frank and his third wife, Pansy Fay Reeve, had seven children:
1) Frank Willard (Bud), born 1921
2) Fay Rose, born 1922
3) Harold Lee, born 1924 (Still living)
4) Laurence Victor, born 1925
5) Howard Ray, born 1927
6) Marian Ruth, born 1929 (Still living)
7) Glen Dell (just Dell to us), born 1932 (Still living)

That's it for now. Whew, I need to go rest my brain.

Carol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol,
I think this is a good idea. But seems that "others" -- not just us cousins, are able to look at and respond to the messages as well. I see that several comments have been deleted.
Anyway.... we got to go riding on our Harleys today. First time I have been out on my bike for several weeks. Weather is getting colder and soon we will have to put them away for the winter. Was only 50 degrees today, but sun was bright. I was pretty cold by the time we got home... just road into town, stopped at a fellow biker's place for a short visit and picked up a couple itmes at WallyWorld then home.

I have been very bad about keeping in touch with you and also Nancy. So maybe this will help!!
Will write more later.
Bunny