Friday, October 07, 2005

Kitchen Pictures




Dear Cousin Peggi (and everyone),
Here are some pictures of my kitchen area. The old buffet was my Grandma Oma's and, if you click on the photo to enlarge it, you will see the nativity scene I leave up all year long.

The rug on the floor is one Max Jr. sent us from Iraq earlier in the year. He also sent a larger one that goes well with the colors in the living room.

I had another gal help me repaint nearly every square inch of the main level of the house before we moved in. Previously, the walls were ALL off-white and I wanted the extra color. We also did the new wallpaper border, which is a "fruity" theme. I found some dishes that go with the kitchen decor perfectly. And, my other dishes go with the dining room/living room decor. How cool is that? :-)

Next time I will post some pictures of my office... where all the action is!

Cheers!
Carol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure enjoying all the pictures you are putting in here..love that old buffet..I'm trying to figure out if the legs are a different color or material? Do all the drawers and cupboards work? Very cool piece. I had an old treadle given to me by my mother-in-law from around 1900. My youngest daughter has it in her home now since my home is really small.
Your dining room color is so warm..and the color is great did you sponge it, or ? And I'm wondering if that is a doorway where you can see a mirror, or an indent in the wall?
Yep, lots of questions, apparently since birth according to Mom!
And hey, I'm your cuz from Portland! Nancy is the one in Alaska! :-) lots of us around, so easy to confuse. I think you two might be around the same age. I'm 57 now..an old timer to you two.
Your cuz
Peggi