Saturday, October 22, 2005

Hotel Mayfield




Here are some pictures of our "free" hotel and taxi... and the gardens. Here they call their yards "gardens".

If you enlarge the first picture, you can get a better view of the "taxi" Lana motors us around in. Sometimes, there is a steel blue Jaquar in the driveway. This is Rob's company car. How sweet is that? Enlarge the second picture and you'll see the "lord of the manor"... not really that is Max, the father of the matron of the manor. The "lord" of the manor, our son-in-law Rob, was at work earning money to pay for the lifestyle they are showing us!

Yesterday, Friday, we went to Stratford-Upon-Avon, where Shakespeare grew up. I will post pictures of that and Anne Hathaway's house (Shakespeare's wife's childhood home) tomorrow, after I have a chance to sort through the 45 pictures I took during the day. Anne Hathaway's childhood home is the one you may envision as the classic thatched roof home... only these days they use a mesh wire over the thatch to protect them from the birds. I'm not sure what they used in the olden days.

Cousin Peggie is asking questions about life over here, but it's 2:45 in the middle of the night (still suffering jet lag, I guess)... so better try to get some shut eye so I can be alert for tomorrow adventures. I will be more informative next time (I hope).

Cheers,
Carol

No comments: