Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Trip To Cardston, Alberta


Pictured (left to right): Connie, Max, Elinor
Taken at Waterton Park on Sunday afternoon. What does everyone have in their hands? An ice cream cone. Yum!

Last Friday (14th) we took off for Cardston, Alberta to attend the 80th birthday party for Max's sister, Elinor. It was a hectic work week for me getting ready because I had a golf event Thursday (in Chelan) and Friday (in Leavenworth). So I had to get over a week's worth of work done in 3 days.

After golfing in the July team event in Leavenworth, I scurried home... threw the suitcases in the car (already packed) and we headed to Sandpoint, Idaho. I knew we needed to get to Sandpoint Friday night so we would have time to get to Cardston, Alberta by 4:00 in the afternoon Saturday for the birthday party. As it turned out, we arrived in Cardston about 3:30, checked in to our motel and scooted down to the campground where the birthday gathering was.
Max's sister, Connie, and her husband, Bill, have had their 40 foot motorhome parked at Lee's Creek campground in Cardston for the last month. This is where the birthday party was held. The weather was perfect and the mosquitos stayed away, which was one of my greatest concerns. Sad to say, I fear mosquitos more than all those crazy drivers on the road getting to our destinations! I'm sure if there were a million people in a crowd and one mosquito it would find me and only me. Anyway... that wasn't a problem this trip. I think the town has sprayed to keep the mosquito population down.

At the birthday gathering, we saw many nieces and nephews that we have not seen in many years. You know time is marching on when the nieces and nephews have grandkids! These gatherings are a good way to see a lot of people in a short period of time, so we enjoyed it.

We drove up through Cranbrook, BC and over Crowsnest Pass... then home through Glacier National Park and over Logan Pass. It's the short cut... but oh so slow. Such a narrow and winding road but the beauty is spectacular. I took a few pictures but they never do the reality justice! I'll post a few more pictures in another blog entry.
-Carol

No comments: