Saturday, July 08, 2006

Gig Harbor


I went to Gig Harbor, Washington for two days of special training (Thursday and Friday) with Liberty First Services. I'll tell you more about that later.

After our session on Thursday Bill Lange, the President of the company, bought us appetizers and drinks at "Anthony's" at the harbor. During the two days, I didn't have much time for picture taking, but here is one of the harbor pictures I was able to take on Thursday evening.

While I was away Max's son, Jeff, came over from Renton and stayed with him. Jeff is always nice to have around because he is the best handyman in the world. He's a finish carpenter by trade, but he can actually do just about anything. I had a big list of things for him to do while I was gone, which he gladly accepted. But, when I was talking to him on the phone Thursday night he said he had a surprise for me, in addition to the regular stuff.

He mowed the lawn and put up three substantial handrail bars in our bedroom, bathroom, and shower for Max. He also prepared the area by the front door in preparation to lay some paving stones to create a small courtyard area. He also installed three birdhouses on some tree posts I had Max cut higher than usual.

The "surprise" to follow. :-)
-Carol

No comments: