Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Two More Birdhouses


Today, while shopping for some gardening supplies, I found two more birdhouse that "needed" to be added to my small, but growing, collection.

The two newest members of the family are a "Bakery" birdhouse and a "Gone Golfing" birdhouse. What could be better than stopping at the bakery for a cup of coffee and pastry then heading out to the links? Life doesn't get much better than that!

Here is the entire collection now. Click on either image to enlarge.


My gardening supply shopping consisted of getting some grass seed and peet moss to re-seed a bunch of dead spots in the lawn. Max was trying to be helpful earlier in he year by spraying for weeds. Unfortunately, he used something that killed more than the weeds. I finally scraped all the dead grass away, sprinkled in some grass seed and covered it with the peet moss. Now the trick is to keep it watered during the warm weather so it germinates good. Hopefully, within about a week we should see green coming in where the brown has been.

I'm not really used to doing these kinds of jobs, but I'm finding the yard work (including keeping up with the irrigation system) has become my responsibility. It's not that Max doesn't want to do it but neither his brain nor body cooperate like they used to.

No comments: