Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Durn Good Burgers


Today Max & I took the van out for a drive. Since we got the new car, the van has taken a back seat (so to speak) in our car driving preference. It's been sitting all alone for quite a while, so we thought it'd be good to get it out on the road and burn some carbon. We planned the trip to coincide with Tom, Dick & Harry's $3.50 "Burger Bundle" Wednesday. For $3.50 you get a seriously good hamburger, with all the trimmings, a generous portion of fries, and a small fountain drink. We could, literally, share one of these baskets if the hamburgers weren't so darned good and I insist on having a whole one all to myself!

Tom, Dick & Harry's (at the Monitor exit) is a popular spot for old car enthusiasts to gather. That's "old car" enthusiasts... not "old" car enthusiasts. This is especially popular in the summer. And, they have a nice rose garden, too.

Since Max doesn't drive anymore, I try to get him out at least once a day. Sometimes I take him on errands with me and sometimes we make up a place to go just for something for him to do.

Be sure to click on the images to enlarge. In the picture on the left is my man, Max. On the right is a well endowed car-hop. They don't serve you in your car but it's a nice conversation piece prop.

-Carol

No comments: