Thursday, April 13, 2006

Grandpa & Grandma St. Clair


Last Fall I started a family blog, for my Mother's side of the family. In looking through pictures to post to that blog, I came across this picture of me and my brother, Clair, with my Grandpa Frank and Grandma Pansy. We must have been about 5 & 6 years old, making this picture taken in about 1957.

Grandpa Frank is my Mom's Dad. Pansy was actually my step-Grandma but she treated all the kids the same and she was a swell Grandma. My favorite memory of her is that she would always make applesauce when I would come visit. I was such a picky eater in those days, it was the one thing she knew I would eat (that and fudgescicles). My Mother's side of the family were loggers and I remember that they would eat a huge breakfast. I remember thinking how odd that was.

My Mother's side of the family has always confused me because Frank was married three times and had something like 12 children total. His first wife died after having four children and then his second wife (my biological Grandma) died when my Mom was about 3 years old. My Mom was the only child by the second wife. Pansy is the third wife and the only Grandmother on that side of the family I ever knew. She and Frank had 7 children. If you want more info on that side of the family go to:
www.StClairClan.blogspot.com If you scroll down to the first post on that blog, I've put a simple family tree that helps alleviate some of the confusion.

Anyway, this picture is proof that I used to be skinny and cute... but I got over it! :-)

No comments: