Friday, April 14, 2006

Blogging Consultant?

I've been told by a number of people how much they like the blog(s) and it would be great to have one for their family. They've suggested I offer a Blog set-up service, which would be kind of fun. I could do the basic set-up and some training on how to post pictures and text.

You wouldn't need to learn any coding because I could work with the template if you want sidebar links etc. They could have a blog set-up to post pictures of family history, family reunions, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, baby pictures, etc. It can be totally customized for the individuals.

The actual blog hosting service if FREE, so there is no monthly charge. The only fee would be an initial set-up and training fee for me. The blogs can be archived by the month, with the most current posts showing up on the home page. I have this blog set up for the most recent 25 posts to show and the rest are in the "archives" by the month. This can be customized.

Although it's fairly new, you can see a sample of what I did for my cousins on my Mom's side of the family at:
www.StClairClan.blogspot.com

Other blogs by Carol:
Carol's 2006 Golfing Season
Investment Real Estate Blog
Max and Carol's blog: This blog
Carol's Residential Real Estate Blog : This is a more comprehensive service and requires a monthly fee. This is too time consuming and I wouldn't be interested in doing this for a family blog. This is primarily to enhance my Search Engine Optimization for my real estate business, but not necessary for a family blog.

If anyone knows anyone who might want to set up a family blog, have them check out my blogs and then contact me.

Have a great week-end,
Carol

CarolWilliams@charter.net

No comments: