Thursday, February 07, 2008

Random Acts of Fun

It's hard to believe we've already been here one week. Time truly does fly when you're having fun!

I was able to play my first game of golf on Tuesday... the first in 6 months (since I broke my arm in early August of last year. I was invited to join a small group of ladies at the Cathedral Canyon Country Club (where we are staying). In this picture is the 120 yard par 3 hole #9 of the Lake course. Notice the snow capped San Jacinto Mountains in the background? This is a very challenging course, with lots of water and sand traps, making ball placement crititical. In spite of a less than stellar score, I can't use the broken arm, shoulders or last years back surgery as an excuse. I actually felt pretty good. I was also able to play again today with my friend, Dorothy McIntire,during their regular the Ladies Club day. My score improved by 6 strokes and the weather continues to be fabulous. Life is Good!

Anticipating the arrival of cousin Shirley St.Clair and her friend Richard, Max and I took the car down to the local car wash and gave it a good bath and hand wax. It deserved a nice pampering after all it went through (snow, sleet and rain) getting out of the Northwest and down to Palm Springs.



Yesterday, cousin Shirley St.Clair and her friend Richard arrived for a few days of fun in the sun. The temperature here was about 70 degrees yesterday and Richard said that was twice the temperature of when they left Eugene, Oregon that morning! Today was about 72 and supposed to be about 77 tomorrow. Yea! Tonight we all went down to "The River" and had dinner at a California Bistro called Pieros Acqua Pazza. That was fun.

Tomorrow we plan to see the Matinee performance of the annual Palm Springs Follies, which is always a fabulous show of song and dance, featuring ALL senior citizens.

No comments: