Friday, January 05, 2007

Balloon Kyphoplasty

Hi everyone,
I haven't kept up very well with the blog lately. A lot going on in life. Work has been busy and I've been suffering from a fall on the ice and snow in early December. After much ado... x-rays, MRI, pre-op tests Balloon Kyphoplasty back surgery was performed yesterday by Dr. Ian Cunningham at the Wenatchee Valley Hospital (Wenatchee Valley Clinic).

Above is Max delivering a dozen red roses when he came to visit me in the hospital last night. The last time I received a dozen red roses was our 1st anniversary (over 23 years ago). It was a special occasion.

Here are our friends June & Roger Dorner, who entertained Max while I was in the hospital.

The surgery went very well and I was up and moving around 3 hours after the surgery. I had my wireless laptop and was answering e-mail from my hospital bed that evening. I plan to be playing golf in Palm Springs this time next month!

Hopefully, I won't be doing any more gynmastics on the ice and can avoid similar injuries in the future. I had a compression fracture which was repaired. The MRI also showed an old compression fracture which they couldn't do anything about. I found this link to more info on the procedure: www.kyphon.com There is even a link on the right side to view an actual surgery being performed... if you're into that kind of thing. I definitely want to watch it when I get a chance.






Here is the view I had from my room. Not bad, eh? Too bad I didn't get to really enjoy it!

-Carol Williams

No comments: