Wednesday, March 29, 2006

More Doctor Appointments


In a recent post I mentioned we had met Max's new primary care physician. We used all of our influence and favors to get Max THE doctor, so I was assigned a different doctor. Monday, I had the opportunity to meet this new doctor of mine... Dr. Toth. Not that it makes a real difference, but my doctor isn't even in the main clinic building and, frankly, he looks younger than some of our grandchildren! The picture posted to the left makes him look older than he actually does in person. I'm sure he must be older than he looks. The good news is, I suppose, we shouldn't have to worry about him retiring in my lifetime! Anyway, he seems fine and his professional profile looks good... and I'm sure we'll get along very well. He's a good listener and that's important.

As a result of the appointment, I discovered my blood pressure is on the rise. This is unusual for me because I generally have low blood pressure. It's about time I have something to show for what those step-children have put me through. :-) Anyway, it's something we will monitor.

The doc also ordered some blood tests, full-fledged allergy testing, and a bone density x-ray... plus we're working on a new course of action for my hot flashes. I've been on PremPro for over a year and not comfortable with staying on it much longer. He has me taking the Progesterone lotion and cutting back on the PremPro tabs. Over the next couple of months, I'll ween off of the tabs altogether. I go back in a couple of weeks to review the results of all these tests... and figure out what to do about it.

This all sounds like a lot, but I'm actually feeling quite fine. Just some nagging issues to tend to before I get too old for any of it to work. <grin> I will, afterall, be turning 54 in a few days!

Cheers to all!
Carol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the young drs...they seem fresher somehow...updated and hopefully up on all the latest techniques.

Good Luck on all your tests.

Cuz Peggi