Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Another Birdhouse


Only patriotic birds will want to visit this house. Isn't it just the cutest thing? This was a surprise find yesterday as I wandered through the new Apple Annies Antique Mall in Cashmere. It certainly isn't antique but I wanted it anyway. It was only $8.

This came about because yesterday I was scheduled to see my massage therapist, who works out of her home in Cashmere. Max was whining about how much his hip and back were hurting so I offered to give him my massage time. So, I dropped him off for the massage and this gave me about an hour to take an unplanned trip over to the Antique Mall. My reward for sacrificing my massage time!

The Mall which was completed several months behind schedule and hundreds of thousands of dollars over budget is phenomenal. It's huge. I don't know how many vendor booths there are, but a lot! And, they're nearly all full. It's almost overwhelming when you walk in and every booth is full of stuff. Warning: Do not take small children in here. It would be too scary with all the dishes and other glassware.

In addition to the new building, their old building across the street is still used as an annex for consignment furniture and other things. When I have some spare time I'll stop in there and check it out.

Anyway, this new birdhouse which is now the second in my collection, has inspired me to consider starting a collection of birdhouses. It will be fun to watch for unique birdhouses in my travels about. I won't buy just any birdhouse... only those that jump out at me!

By-the-way... Max's hip is feeling much better and he's definitely walking with more spring in his step today! So we both benefitted from the change of plans. And... I will get MY massage treatment next Tuesday (if he doesn't sweet talk me out of it again).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in birdhouses now too so keep us posted on any you get...Collections are great fun.
Great buy and good for Max. :-)

Cuz Peggi