Saturday, November 27, 2010

Whoa...2010 is Almost Gone


Good grief. I knew it had been a long time since I posted, but April of 2009 is way too long ago. FaceBook has kind of replaced the blog as a means of communications but FB isn't particularly conducive to the longer narratives.

Life has changed a lot for us since our last post in April of 2009. Max is now bedridden. He got pneumonia last February, spent a week in the hospital, and hasn't walked since. Poor guy wants to be up working in the yard and playing with his cars. But, instead, he is stuck in bed.

We set up our dining room as "his" room. I put a twin bed at the foot of his bed so someone is always with him through the day and night.


We hired a live-in care giver in July. Her name is Terri. She has been such a blessing. She and I (Carol) get along really well and she's really good with Max, which is the main thing! She actually helps take care of me too, which is a good thing because I get so busy taking care of everyone else I don't take care of myself.

Our last big event was to celebrate Max's 80th birthday on August 24th. He still hardly has a wrinkle on his face. He still has his great dry sense of humor. He talks VERY soft and doesn't say much but when he speaks you want to be sure and listen! :-)

We also celebrated our 27th anniversary on September 10th. Still just a couple of newlyweds in love. :-)

Hope you are all well and looking forward to a happy holiday season!

Love,
Max & Carol

No comments: