Friday, June 23, 2006

The Cowboy Boots


Today I took the van up to the Monitor area to get the air conditioning recharged. I stumbled onto Custom Auto Repair as a recommend from another mechanic acquaintance of ours. It's located just behind Tom, Dick & Harry's hamburger restaurant.

Custom Auto Repair is owned and operated by Joe Taft and he literally runs the cleanest auto repair shopt I have ever seen in my life. His tool box looked as clean and organized as any operating room surgical tray. His desk was totally organized and there was a mop and bucket in the corner of the room which he obviously uses on a regular basis.

As I was waiting for the van, I walked next door to a statuary display called "Norma Lee's Statues". They had all kinds of interesting statues... from water fountains to the religious to little munkins.

Here is a picture of some monster cowboy boots. I guess you would use them as some sort of a planter. They're too big for any cowboy I've ever seen (plus they're too darn heavy to actually wear! To give you perspective as to how big these boots are, I set my 12 oz coffee cup in between them. See that little white spot between the boots? That's my coffee cup. These are BIG boots to fill! Below are some other statues in the yard.

You can click on any image to enlarge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...hadn't even noticed the cup and had to take a second look...they are huge! I'd love to have a pr to paint and set out in the yard somewhere...fun stuff. My neighbor lady has a giant boot planter but it's more like a rubber boot.