Thursday, November 10, 2005

We're Back


We arrived home safely late Saturday evening, with our friends June and Roger Dorner waiting at Pangborn Airport for our arrival. Since I was so tired that everything was looking blurry, it's probably a good thing I didn't have to drive anywhere. A chauffeur was a welcome bonus.

I've posted a picture of Horizon Air here as a reward for being the only airline that could manage to depart or arrive on schedule. We flew United the rest of the trip and not one single leg of the trip departed or arrived on schedule. We are talking major delays, not just a few minutes here and there. On nearly every leg we feared for not making our connecting flight, or that our luggage would not have time to be transferred. I can't say that I would ever choose United Airlines again, if I had the choice. But, Lana & Rob took great care of us, we had a great trip and we ARE home safe and that's what's important. Lana was so diligent in taking us somewhere nearly every day. She has really studied English history since she's been there and we were quite impressed with her knowledge. She is also teaching a family history class at the library (through the college).

I still have a few pictures and comments to post about the last days of the trip, but my floppy disk drive isn't working for posting pictures... so they'll have to wait a little longer. They cover our trip to the Solihull market (for ostrich burgers) on Friday and our visit to the Belfry golf course... where I didn't play, but picked up a few souvenirs.

My major challenge during the trip was doing business, in spite of the 8 hour time difference. I was, quite literally, getting up in the middle of the night to make phone business calls to clients and other agents.

It would be difficult to pick a "highlight" of the trip... other than just being with Lana, Rob and the girls. We did so much, and it was all good!

It's fun to travel, but there's no place like home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi and a hearty welcome back home! I'm looking forward to catching up on the rest of your photos and news...I see some new pictures are posted!

Glad you arrived safely and all the delays are behind you!

Peggi